Friday, March 2, 2012

Any Pei Wei Lovers Out There?

I LOVE Pei Wei. I love their fried rice. I shovel it into my mouth like I am not going to eat again for days. Then I swallow huge amounts of it at a time and wonder if its all going to make it down. Oh, its so good.

Yesterday I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com

Colorful Fried Rice.

Colorful.Wonderful.Flavorful.Easy-ful. The last one is a made up word, but seriously this recipe was incredibly easy to follow.

I wanted to share with all of my millions of blog readers. So, consider yourself lucky if you are one of those millions.

I doubled the recipe and thank goodness I did. Between the 2.5 people that I feed in this house, we ate it all. So here is what I used.

Colorful Fried Rice
 Ingredients:
3 cups cold cooked rice
3 green onions, chopped
1 large carrot, diced
1/2 cup frozed peas, thawed
2-3 T soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 T fresh chopped parsley
2 T olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper to taste

1. Cook rice ahead of time and refrigerate. (I guess its less mushy this way)

2. Thaw out the frozen peas

3. In skillet, cook and stir the rice, green onions, carrots, peas, soy sauce and parsley in oil until the onions are tender and rice is heated through. 

4. Add the eggs. Cook and stir until its completely set. 

5. Season to taste and ENJOY!

1 comment: