Sunday, May 30, 2010

Breakfast

Since I am asking so much of you when I ask you to join me in the challenge to give up sugar, here are some suggestions of WHAT to eat.

We will start first, with breakfast.

I love a high protein breakfast.

My favorite?

Scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.

Eggs are such a good source of protein.  This helps keep you full longer than a bowl of sugary cereal.  You can put anything you want in your eggs, well.. almost anything.  When I went to Kirby and Charlie's (love them) for breakfast a few weeks ago, she had some bell pepper, onions and tomatoes in the scrambled eggs she made. Right Kirby? And of course, free range eggs are best. I am kind of obsessed with Yonder Way Farm, although I have YET to order my meat and eggs from them. It will happen soon, and they have a drop in Katy, June 17th!

If anyone is eating gluten-free, I really want to try some gluten free pancake and muffin recipes. As of now, I am happy with my egg breakfast.

***I want to clarify, that the list of sugars below are not all bad. They only explain what each for is. I am using honey, stevia, 100% molasses and maple syrup for sweeteners.
This week, my cousin AJ,  who is also doing the No Sugar Challenge is coming over, and we are going to make some recipes. We are going to start with some healthy snacks such as granola, and some dinner recipes. First on the list will be quinoa. I will let you know how it goes, and maybe even use pictures to describe the process.

Happy Eating :)

2 comments:

  1. Brettney I think it is great that you are doing this! If you come across any great recipes along the way please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asher's favorite eggs have spinach and onions in them! Yum! We were just on a no sugar diet for the last month. When we get back in town on Monday, we will be starting over. I am the same as you, I did great (for the most part) for a month and this last week has been so terribly crazy how much I have been addicted again. So, we'll join you next week!

    ReplyDelete