Saturday, June 12, 2010

Checking In

We have had a busy start to this summer.  I started this post a week ago, but never finished it. sorry!

Confession: I had brownies during the 7 day challenge.

and they were really yummy.

But other than that, I did pretty darn good on the 7-Day No Sugar Challenge. No sweet tea, no cookies, and no chocolate morsels with kettle corn popcorn.  To help curb the craving, I ate a lot of fruit this week. The best? Juicy watermelon and ripe, sweet pears. (If you live anywhere NEAR Hempstead, TX., go to Dolorio's market in town. By FAR the best watermelon I have ever had. And I have had many watermelon in my day.) I also had strawberries, apples, raspberries and blackberries. The only problem I ran in to, is when I did not eat a balanced dinner, I got hungry late at night (which I normally do not do).  This is when my sugar craving is the highest.  So I ate some almonds to try and fill me up.  Nuts are a great snack. Pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds.  

I have not been as good about completely cutting out sugar this week as last week.  But I want to get back on it.

I STILL have not made Quinoa. I have the recipe and ingredients to make it.

Today is Key's cousin's Wedding Day! Congratulations Roby and Julie!

1 comment:

  1. You will have to post your recipe for Quinoa! We love to eat it, but always buy it pre-made at Whole Foods. I've wanted to try making some at home. I bought the quinoa, but it's still sitting in my cabinet!
    I'm going to try your 7 day no-sugar thing...wish me luck. Reading that I can cut the sugar craving with fruit made me realize that I actually might be able to do it... :)

    ReplyDelete